Frustration and OPMD

Jersey Girl
65 posts
March 16, 2015 6:09 PM MDT

My husband’s employer, who is our health insurance “provider” works hand-in-hand with a company that coordinates “medical tourism” procedures to save money for all involved.

I am facing one or two dental implants, and while on the phone with the doctor while discussing coverage I asked him whether they also cover the Frontalis Sling procedure.

His response was, “the WHAT???”. I was rather put off, both by his lack of customer service and the fact that he was a doctor and had no idea what a Frontalis Sling is.

Ahem. Before we ended our conversation I had educated him accordingly. :slight_smile:

Jersey Girl
This post was edited by Jersey Girl at March 18, 2015 7:52 AM MDT

SK
11 posts
April 3, 2015 6:59 PM MDT

Seems that we all have educated Doctors on something, Jersey Girl! I’ve done quite a bit of it too!

Most Physicians I have met are very proper, professional, good humored, and well mannered, but there are exceptions. Remember going to med school is not the same as going to charm school!

Jersey Girl
65 posts
April 4, 2015 8:06 AM MDT

Indeed; charm school might not be such a bad idea for them!

Funny story; I had an annual check-up with my PCP (primary care provider, or “regular” doctor) a few months ago. I’d checked in and was walking up the hall to the waiting area.

There was a man walking behind me sniffling, swallowing it, hacking and making disgusting noises in general. I was thinking to myself, “Ewwwww! What disgusting noises to make in public. I’m going to slow down and move over to the side so this man can pass me and get out of my hearing distance because he is GROSS!”

Imagine my surprise when he walked past me and I saw that it was MY DOCTOR!!! LOL

JG

SK
11 posts
April 4, 2015 8:30 AM MDT

LOL! Sounds like me trying to eat dry foods like corn bread! We with Sjogren’s, we have no saliva, so I get it!

Perhaps I could use some charm school too. My sardonic humor is showing!

Now that brings a funny story about me with my Rheumatologist.

I was telling him that sometimes the pain from the psoriatic arthritis spinal degeneration is so bad, so utterly relentless, I go outside and just scream it out, scaring the livestock for miles… Doc immediately replies, “oh Susan, they’re used to you by now”! HA! I was stunned for a moment, then we just laughed!

I’m ever so lucky to have him, my Internist is just as much fun, and just as good. They can’t eliminate my genetic diseases or solve all of our problems, but they surely can help!

Jersey Girl
65 posts
April 4, 2015 1:35 PM MDT

I do love a doctor who can laugh. I have a few of them, and they are treasures to me when it comes to annoying doctor apointments!

JG